Follow the journey of three women through one of life’s most difficult challenges: becoming a young widow.
The Hope for Widows Directors Maureen Bobo, Chasity Williams and Khadija Ali recently published a book in August 2016 that shares three different perspectives of how becoming a widow and dealing with the process of grief changed their lives forever. This book is not only significant to losing a spouse, but to comprehend and grasp the outlook of grief overall.
The ladies cover various topics such as what happened, single parenting, finances, balance, coping mechanisms, digression, resentment, complicated grief, gaining to be understood and so much more. This book is raw, uncut and has many personal reflections that may be surprising to read.
Available on Amazon and Kindle. Order your copy today!
Books on Amazon
- Grief Diaries: Poetry & Prose and More – by Lynda Cheldelin Fell (Author), Mary Potter Kenyon (Author), Marilyn Rollins (Author) – by Hope for Widows Board Member Maureen Bobo (Contributor)
- The Widow or Widower Next Door by Mary Lee Robinson
- Boys, Booze, and Bathroom Floors: 46 Tales About the Collision of Suicide Grief and Dating by Hope for Widows Advisory Board Member Michelle Miller
- Go For It! A Woman’s Guide to Perseverance by Hope for Widows Board of Director Member, Jo Hausman
- Solo: Getting it All Together When You Find Yourself Alone
Books for Children
Community Suggested Resources
These resources are provided by members of the Hope for Widows closed Facebook Group and other collaborative scenarios within the grieving community.
Please note, these are being presented as community links and do not necessarily represent the opinions and/or views of the Hope for Widows Foundation.
- Confessions of a Mediocre Widow: Or, How I Lost My Husband and My Sanity
- Companion Through The Darkness: Inner Dialogues on Grief
- Don’t Take My Grief Away From Me
- Widow To Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas For Rebuilding Your Life
- I Wasn’t Ready to Say Goodbye: Surviving, Coping and Healing After the Sudden Death of a Loved One
- Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations For Working Through Grief
- Second Firsts: Live, Laugh, and Love Again
- Saturday Night Widows: The Adventures of Six Friends Remaking Their Lives
- Joy Comes in the Mourning: Through God’s Grace
- Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow
- Healing a Spouse’s Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas After Your Husband or Wife Dies
- On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss
Blogs and Websites
- Consider making a Facebook memorial page for your loved one. This is a good place for people to post comments, memorial pictures and encouragement.