RESTORING HOPE & PEACE GRANT
The Grant application process is now closed for 2020. Applications are being reviewed. We will be awarding two grants. The recipients will be announced on June 1st.
The annual Restoring Hope & Peace Grant was established by Hope for Widows Foundation in 2019 to help widowed women offset financial challenges as they navigate their healing journey. Our 2019 Awardee, Hope Sister Beth Ryan, a mother of two and sudden widow after losing her husband by heart attack in February 2017, was able to use the grant for home repairs while she overcame health challenges.
We awarded one grant in our first year, however we have expanded our program to empower two widows in 2020. We strive to provide annual grants to widows with the goal of increasing the number of grants and dollar amounts each year going forward.
HISTORY OF THE GRANT
Though Ginger Rearden is not a widow, she watched a dear friend struggle through her husband’s illness and death and realized there was little support readily available to widows—this prompted her to co-found the organization Restoring Hope and Peace. After dissolving her organization, Ginger decided to partner with Hope for Widows Foundation to provide a significant donation from their fundraising efforts over the years. The Restoring Hope & Peace Grant was then established in honor of Ginger Rearden and her past work of providing support—and most importantly, hope—for widows across the country.
Hope For Widows Foundation Story Telling Video
Two (2) $500 grants
May 17, 2020
- Fill out application in entirety and complete all action steps
- Must be a widow (not remarried)
- Must reside in United States; be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a financial hardship
- Organizations may not apply—only individuals who meet all criteria
- Must be active in our Hope For Widows Foundation Community
- One (1) grant awarded per person
- Personal Information is confidential however, we reserve the right to use pictures, testimonials, videos and/or stories on our website and social media platform(s).
- Grant will be disbursed by PayPal, Venmo or check (preference is
PayPal or Venmo)
- Awardee must provide a video testimony AND/OR submit one written paragraph within 14 days of receiving grant (video 1 minute or less/paragraph minimum of 5 sentences.)
May 3–17, 2020
Applications accepted (no exceptions)
May 17, 2020
Grant application period ends (12 midnight CST)
May 18–30, 2020
Review of applications by Board of Directors
May 31, 2020
Board of Directors notify awardee via email and phone
June 1, 2020
Announcement of awardee on Hope for Widows Foundation social media and email newsletter