RESTORING HOPE & PEACE GRANT
The Grant application process is now closed for 2020 and two awardees were announced on June 1, 2020. Please check back next year.
The annual Restoring Hope & Peace Grant program was established by Hope for Widows Foundation in 2019 to help widowed women offset financial challenges as they navigate their healing journey.
We awarded one grant in our first year, however we have expanded our program to empower two widows in 2020. We strive to provide annual grants to widows with the goal of increasing the number of grants and dollar amounts each year going forward.
HISTORY OF THE GRANT
Ginger Rearden is not a widow, she watched a dear friend struggle through her husband’s illness and death and realized there was little support readily available to widows—this prompted her to co-found the organization Restoring Hope and Peace. After dissolving her organization, Ginger decided to partner with Hope for Widows Foundation to provide a significant donation from their fundraising efforts over the years. The Restoring Hope & Peace Grant was then established in honor of Ginger Rearden and her past work of providing support—and most importantly, hope—for widows across the country.
Two (2) $500 grants
May 17, 2020
- Fill out application in entirety and complete all action steps
- Must be a widow (not remarried)
- Must reside in United States; be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a financial hardship
- Organizations may not apply—only individuals who meet all criteria
- Must be active in our Hope For Widows Foundation Community
- One (1) grant awarded per person
- Personal Information is confidential however, we reserve the right to use pictures, testimonials, videos and/or stories on our website and social media platform(s).
- Grant will be disbursed by PayPal, Venmo or check (preference is
PayPal or Venmo)
- Awardee must provide a video testimony AND/OR submit one written paragraph within 14 days of receiving grant (video 1 minute or less/paragraph minimum of 5 sentences.)
May 3–17, 2020
Applications accepted (no exceptions)
May 17, 2020
Grant application period ends (12 midnight CST)
May 18–30, 2020
Review of applications by Board of Directors
May 31, 2020
Board of Directors notify awardee via email and phone
June 1, 2020
Announcement of awardee on Hope for Widows Foundation social media and email newsletter