RESTORING HOPE & PEACE GRANT
The Grant application process will open in May 2021. Please check back soon.
The annual Restoring Hope & Peace Grant program was established by Hope for Widows Foundation in 2019 to help widowed women offset financial challenges as they navigate their healing journey. We strive to provide annual grants to widows with the goal of increasing the number of grants and dollar amounts each year going forward.
HISTORY OF THE GRANT
Ginger Rearden is not a widow, she watched a dear friend struggle through her husband’s illness and death and realized there was little support readily available to widows—this prompted her to co-found the organization Restoring Hope and Peace. After dissolving her organization, Ginger decided to partner with Hope for Widows Foundation to provide a significant donation from their fundraising efforts over the years. The Restoring Hope & Peace Grant was then established in honor of Ginger Rearden and her past work of providing support—and most importantly, hope—for widows across the country.
2021 AMOUNT (S)
May 17, 2021
- Fill out the application in its entirety and complete all action steps
- Must be a widow (not remarried)
- Must reside in the United States
- Must have a financial hardship
- Organizations may not apply—only individuals who meet all criteria
- Must be active in our Hope For Widows Foundation Community
- One (1) grant awarded per person
- Personal Information is confidential however, we reserve the right to use pictures, testimonials, videos, and/or stories on our website and social media platform(s).
- Grant will be disbursed by Zelle, PayPal, or check (preference is Zelle)
- The awardee (s) must provide a video testimony AND/OR submit one written paragraph within 14 days of receiving the grant (video 1 minute or less/paragraph minimum of 5 sentences.)
May 3–17, 2021
Applications accepted (no exceptions)
May 17, 2021
Grant application period ends (12 midnight CST)
May 18–30, 2021
Review of applications by Hope for Widows Leadership Team
May 31, 2021
Leadership team to notify awardee (s) via email and phone
June 1, 2021
Announcement of the awardee (s) on Hope for Widows Foundation social media and email newsletter