RESTORING HOPE & PEACE GRANT
The annual Restoring Hope & Peace Grant program was established by Hope for Widows Foundation in 2019 to help widowed women offset financial challenges as they navigate their healing journey. We strive to provide annual grants to widows with the goal of increasing the number of grants and dollar amounts each year going forward. Please read below for the criteria and timeline to submit your application for review.
HISTORY OF THE GRANT
Ginger Rearden is not a widow, she watched a dear friend struggle through her husband’s illness and death and realized there was little support readily available to widows—this prompted her to co-found the organization Restoring Hope and Peace. After dissolving her organization, Ginger decided to partner with Hope for Widows Foundation to provide a significant donation from their fundraising efforts over the years. The Restoring Hope & Peace Grant was then established in honor of Ginger Rearden and her past work of providing support—and most importantly, hope—for widows across the country.
2022 AMOUNT (S)
Four (4) $1000/each financial grants
May 17, 2022 – The application timeframe is now closed. We are reviewing applicants. Thank you to all that applied and to our donors who make this possible.
- Fill out the application in its entirety and complete all action steps (example: write 5-7 sentences- must do)
- Must be a widow (not remarried)
- Must reside in the United States or Canada
- Must have a financial hardship
- Organizations may not apply—only individuals who meet all criteria
- Must be active in our Hope For Widows Foundation Community (follow one of our social media platforms, friend us on our Facebook profile – Hope Connect, involved in our private group, active in workshops, etc. -not ALL need to be completed, just a form of being active in some way in our community so we know you are a true widow)
- One (1) grant awarded per person
- Personal Information is confidential however, we reserve the right to use pictures, testimonials, videos, and/or stories on our website and social media platform(s).
- Grant will be disbursed by check – will be sent to you by certified mail.
- The awardee (s) must provide a written paragraph and confirm their mailing address within 14 days of receiving notification of being awarded the grant (video 1 minute or less/paragraph minimum of 5 sentences.)
- If there is no communication or response from the widow within the 14 days, the organization will proceed with awarding another widow the grant.
May 3–17, 2022
Applications accepted (no exceptions)- once closed we cannot accept any more applications
May 17, 2022
Grant application period ends (12 midnight CST)
May 18–30, 2022
Review of applications by Hope for Widows Leadership Team
May 31, 2022
Leadership team to notify awardee (s) via email and phone
June 1, 2022
Announcement of the awardee (s) on Hope for Widows Foundation social media and email newsletter