Hope For Widows Foundation Events
Annual Restoring Hope and Peace Grant
The annual Restoring Hope & Peace Grant is to partially ease the financial burden of a widowed woman as she navigates her healing journey. Yearly application process to apply and Awardee selected.
Hope Sister Connect Sunday’s
Join Chasity, Khadija or Maureen,Hope for Widows Director live on private conference call line to connect with other Hope Sisters to talk about widowhood on selected Sunday’s
Hope Sister Connect- Facebook Live Sunday’s
Join Jo Hausman, Hope for Widows Members Outreach Committee Member live in private Facebook group to connect with other Hope Sisters to talk about widowhood on selected Sunday’s
Health and Wellness
Join Shelle Ponfil, Hope for Widows Health and Wellness Outreach Member in our private group as she shares Monday, Wednesday and Friday helpful information such as nutrition, recipes, personal development, fitness and lifestyle.
Hope Sister Christmas Gift Exchange (in Private Facebook Group)
Hope Sister Hearts of Hope (in Private Facebook Group)
Annual Events & Initiatives
- National Widows Day – May 3, 2017
- International Widows Day – June 23, 2017
- National Grief Awareness Day – August 30, 2017
- Children’s Grief Awareness Day – November 16, 2017
- Hope Sister gift exchange during the Christmas season- matched and exchange worldwide; in private group
- Hearts of Hope – gift giveaways for the month of February during Valentine’s season; in private group
- Annual Widows of Hope Virtual 5k run/walk
- Quick Glance Resource Guide to help widows with services they may need; file located in our private group
- Consistent Giveaways to uplift and encourage our widows; in private group and Instagram
- Campaign Series (31 Days of Gratitude, 30 days of Self Care, 31 Days of Capturing Widowhood)
- Pen Pal Initiative – the Hope Sisters send each other birthday, anniversary , angelversary cards, holiday and/or just well wishes generated from a master list that is constantly growing.
- Facebook Live on selected Wednesday’s, Saturday’s and Sunday’s- live interaction and bonding with ladies on relatable grief topics; in our private group