As grievers we want to have the comfort of hearing from others who have walked in our shoes and made it. I personally love reading, podcasts and audio books. When I first became a widow, I didn’t want to go to the nearest bookstore and find the “My husband’s dead” isle. So, I hit up Google. I found great authors who feel more like friends. To hear another person tell their story feels like a guidebook when I need it. I’ve also shared my resource list with those who haven’t lost a spouse. I think hearing many perspectives helps others understand what we go through. The following list has made me laugh, cry and feel 10,000% less crazy.
- The Hot, Young Widows Club by Nora McInerny
- Sit Down and Shut Up by John Polo
- This Isn’t the Life I Ordered by Jennifer Weigel
- Confessions of a Mediocre Widow by Catherine Tidd
- Your Fully Charged Life by Meaghan B Murphy
- The Beauty of What Remains by Steve Leder
- No Happy Endings by Nora McInerny
- Dead Dad Club by Katie Moulton
- Set Boundaries, Find Peace by Nedra Glover Tawwab
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
- Widow 180 podcast
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking podcast
- My Person Died Too Podcast
Hopefully you can find some piece of mind, and a good laugh to go along with these great reads!